Sunday 11 December 2011

Major car accident

Well, I have now had my one major automobile accident for my lifetime. Last night a bunch of us were headed home from the Cheesecake Factory in Tigard, and we were neck and neck with another car load of friends, and they were waving and laughing, etc. Well, the guys were horsing around, as usual, and my right side passenger was trying to hit the switch for my emergency flashers, which is on top of the steering column.

Anyway, I'm trying to get him to knock it off, and then someone from the back seat lunges forward and sticks his hand through the wheel to try and hit the emergency flashers button, somehow the wheel got jerked to the right, and we started skidding along the shoulder. The problem was, there was gravel all along the side of the road from when the snow storms had hit that hadn't been shoveled off yet, and traction was a serious problem. We went into a very fast spin, at some point the front end hit the dirt embankment and we finally ended up in the ditch, with the nose facing the highway, on our right side. Then it kept tipping, and we were upside down with the windshield and roof crunching under the weight.

I shut the engine off, and tried to unbuckle my seat belt, which is really tricky when it's holding your entire body weight. All four of us yanked the doors open, and crawled out. The firefighters and cops that showed up will all amazed that we were all right, our suits weren't even wrinkled. There's no two ways about it, it was the power of God that kept us from flipping like a pancake when the car was doing the Disneyland Teacups at 60 miles an hour down 99W.

I give thanks to Jesus that we all walked away from it, and I had full insurance coverage, plus rental car coverage. I don't know what in the world I'm gonna do for another car though, gotta start shopping soon. You may notice the "Donation" button that has appeared on the sidebar. This is my car money fund. Any funds you could direct my way would be greatly appreciated, and will go towards my getting something for transportation.

I also got to ride in a sheriff's car up to the Shari's in Newberg, where the rest of my friend's were waiting while I handled the tow guys and made sure the important stuff was out of the car. It was really awesome, because he had a Heckler & Koch MP5 chambered for .40 S&W sitting right between the seats in a locking mechanism. He wouldn't let me hold it, though. Anyway, any assistance would be greatly appreciated at this point. I'm still job hunting, so hopefully something will work out there.

Here's to peace and long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment