Sunday 11 December 2011

The 100th post

Here we are, the 100th post on my blog, and it brings good news. Yesterday I was discussing some things with my pastor, and he advised to check in with a certain local business. I had previously tried to get a job as a low-voltage electrician with them, and they didn't have any openings, although they were very interested in hiring me. Well, today I headed down there and dropped in on one of the head managers. She was delighted to see me, and said that they had wanted to get a hold of me a month ago. They had simply lost my resume, and couldn't find any means of contacting me.

Anyway, the long and short of it is, it looks like I'll be working there in the near future, which will be a big help for the apprenticeship program I'm in by eliminating the need for a length commute. I'll still need to drive all the way to Clackamas Community College for school, but it's only one night a week, so no big deal. And I still have all my tools from the last job, and now I have a real work truck so I don't have to worry about getting the inside dirty from work stuff.

Yeah, that little Nissan hardbody 2x4 is a sweet ride. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed the manual shift until I'd driven this thing for a couple days. It needs a tune-up, and maybe some hardware upgrades, but it's all minor issues. I think my first couple of paychecks will go towards the truck and the credit card, and after that, I'm gonna celebrate by purchasing my first AR-15, maybe chambered for 9mm Luger. All is well. I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment